Saturday, February 16, 2008

How To Sing Lower

Get sick. Yesterday when I woke up my vocal range had shifted down a major third to a low B. Today, I woke up and stunned myself by hitting a low G. I amused myself for a few minutes by humming the bass portion of Chapter 6's rendition of "Your Smiling Face" (in which the bass hits a low G#), then realized that it doesn't bode well for drunken karaoke tonight. Plus, getting sick has all sorts of nasty side effects like congestion, headaches, spotty vision, missing midterms (I thought last quarter was the last one!), and being unable to sing. Yeah, that kinda negates the whole lowered vocal range.

In other news, dollar chicken noodle soup at Cozy Noodles for Saturday lunches is amazing. Makes me happy. Unfortunately, now I have to clean up my apartment for a ReFresH potluck tonight. And I'm the designated driver, too, since we live out in the middle of ghetto-land. Well, I can enjoy other people's drunken revelry (as long as they don't trash the place).

No comments: