Saturday, February 9, 2008

Epic Fail

Here's a post to start off a new lunar year! I wonder if blogging is my back-up response if people aren't available to talk through stuff. A lot's been weighing on my mind recently. Some highlights:

Grades: This was supposed to be the quarter where I finally get all my acts together and emerge a newer, smarter Jon. I even set up my class schedule so that I could ease my transition into the brotherhood of smart people. Well, that goes to show you can't get rid of idiocy that fast, no matter how much you wish you could.

Co-op/Internships: I need one! Please! I'm still trying to sort out my 5-year plan, whether it ends up being co-op or BS/MS. My future still seems so uncertain, though, which bugs me.

Friends: I've been disappointed in a lot of people lately, myself included, but at the same time getting to know other people better. I'm partway in so many groups of people and trying to figure out where I belong is confusing me. This is especially tricky in the case of...

Housing for next year: Who am I living with? Why are other people so picky? Why am I so picky?

Family: I worry about my brothers maybe more than I worry about myself sometimes. I hope they don't resent me for being overbearing and hard to deal with at times. I figure I'll be one of those stressed-out Asian parents that push their kids to overachieve. Maybe it's because I wish I did get more discipline. That's no fault of my parents, though, that's me just not taking in what they had to teach me. Although, as a prerequisite to parenthood...

Relationships: Another year passed. Still a Zero. Someone'll show up in the end, I hope.

Well, I really shouldn't be up this late -- Celebrasia is today, and there'll be a lot of work to do! But I just finished downloading Enchanted...

No comments: