Saturday, March 15, 2008

No Rest for the Wicked

Whew! I just woke up a short while ago from my first time sleeping in my own bed for the last 5 days. Due to the inevitable barrage of end-of-quarter projects and "midterms", I spent nights sleeping in the Ford building and stopping by my apartment for only short periods of time to restock on ramen that I would cook and eat in Ford. The fun is by no means over, but I think I can rest a little this weekend. In the meantime, here's a picture of the Mechatronics project I've been working on (photo credit goes to Prof. Michael Peshkin)!



It's a 2-DOF user-controllable sphere for studying granular flow. Some big shots in McCormick are interested in using it for their research, which means we have to do a really good job making it robust and flexible. When I get done with my Steinway laptop concept project for Industrial Design Methods class, I'll put up some pictures too.

Now on another note: Greg Mankiw! The Harvard professor, former CEA member, and highly cited economist many of you may recognize from the cover of your introductory economics textbook has a blog where he brings up interesting little (economics-related) tidbits he finds. I highly recommend it. A few particularly interesting links from his recent posts: The Inequality Myth, Unintended Consequences, and Middle Class Tax Burden.

No comments: